Who we are
ICF is an interdenominational Christian Church whose focus is on foreign students and other internationals residing in and around Wageningen, offering hospitality and support through various activities.
What we believe
We rejoice in the central truths of Christianity as revealed in the Scripture, including:
- The unity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the Godhead;
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgment;
- The divine inspiration and entire trustworthiness of Holy Scripture, as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct;
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of all men since the fall, rendering them subject to God’s wrath and condemnation;
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty, dominion, and pollution of sin, solely through the sacrificial death (as our representative and substitute) of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God;
- The bodily resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ from the dead and his ascension to the right hand of God the Father;
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration;
- The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone;
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer;
- The one holy universal Church which is the body of Christ, and to which all true believers belong;
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Our vision & mission
An excerpt of our vision & mission is given below. For the full mission & vision, please read our doctrine and organisation document.
To be an open Bible-based community of Christians from diverse cultures, countries, denominations or backgrounds that together worships Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour (Jn. 17: 21-22; Gal. 3:28; Rev. 7:9-10), grows through discipleship and is active in the witness of Jesus Christ (Acts 1:8).
To serve each other as the Body of Christ, encouraging each other to grow as Christ’s followers and offering hospitality to strangers, both believers and non-believers through our ministry. At ICF we do this through Bible studies, Sunday worship services, prayer ministry and other activities. Through these, we experience fellowship and build strong relationships with one another.
How we are organised
A group of elders is responsible for the overall leadership, pastoral issues, and making both short and long-term decisions affecting the ICF congregation.
The day to day operation of ICF is organized by the deacons and centred around, but not exclusive to, the following ministries:
- Sunday Service: coordinating all that is involved with the Sunday’s services.
- Activities: coordinating activities to make internationals feel welcome in Wageningen and within the ICF community.
- Facility: in charge of practical support – beamer, ushers, coffee service and babysitting.
- Pastoral care
We love partnering with other Bible-based organisations and churches. We are related to five-bible based Dutch Wageningen Churches: PKN, GKV and NGK (protestant), Salem (evangelical) and Vineyard (pentecostal) and to IFES (http://www.ifesworld.org). We gladly support the Chinese Christian Fellowship Wageningen (see also this page) and organise activities together with our brothers and sisters from the Amazing Grace Parish Wageningen. We are also a proud member of the ICP Network and KerkNet Wageningen.
Becoming part of ICF is very easy; just visit one of our activities! If you are interested in becoming a member, you can apply for membership here.