What we are
ICF is an interdenominational Christian church that focuses on internationals residing in Wageningen through various ministries and hospitality.
We rejoice in the central truths of Christianity as revealed in the Scripture, including:
- The unity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the Godhead;
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgement;
- The divine inspiration and entire trustworthiness of Holy Scripture, as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct;
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of all men since the fall, rendering them subject to God’s wrath and condemnation;
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty, dominion and pollution of sin, solely through the sacrificial death (as our representative and substitute) of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God;
- The bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead and his ascension to the right hand of God the Father;
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration;
- The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone;
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer;
- The one holy universal Church which is the body of Christ and to which all true believers belong;
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Our vision & mission
An excerpt of our vision & mission is given below. For the full mission & vision, click here.
To be an open Bible-based community of Christians from diverse cultures, countries, denominations or backgrounds that together worships Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour (Jn. 17: 21-22; Gal. 3:28; Rev. 7:9-10), grows through discipleship and is active in the witness of Jesus Christ (Acts 1:8).
To serve each other as the Body of Christ, encouraging each other to grow as Christ’s followers and offering hospitality to strangers, both believers and non-believers through ministry. At ICF we do this through Bible studies, Sunday worship services, prayer ministry and other activities. Through these we experience fellowship and build strong relationships with one another.
How we are organised
A group of 4 elders (Andy Beeftink, Ita Sulistyawati, Jonathan Mudde and Henk Reitsema) are responsible of the overall leadership, pastoral issues, and making both long and short term decisions affecting ICF.
The day to day operation of ICF is organized by the deacons and centered around, but not exclusive to, the following ministries:
- Worship: coordinating all that is involved with the Sunday’s services – Carolien van der Kolk.
- Outreach: coordinating activities to make internationals feel welcome in Wageningen and within the ICF — Daniel Garcia.
- Facilicity & hospitality: in charge practical support – beamer, ushers, coffee service and babysitting – Koenraad Bosman.
Please use the contact form if you would like to contact us. Messages sent using this form will be forwarded to our secretary, who will make sure it will end up in the right mailbox.
We love partnering with other bible based organisations and churches. We are related to five-bible based Dutch Wageningen Churches: PKN, GKV and NGK (protestant), Salem (evangelical) and Vineyard (pentecostal) and to IFES (http://www.ifesworld.org). We gladly support the Chinese Christian Fellowship Wageningen (see also this page) and organise activities together with our brothers and sisters from the Amazing Grace Parish Wageningen. We are also a proud member of the ICP Network
and KerkNet Wageningen.
Please pray for ICF! If, in addition, you would like to support ICF financially: Our bank account details are listed below.
Account name: ICF-Wageningen
Account number: NL34 RABO 0109529030
ICF has the so-called ANBI status, meaning that donations to ICF are eligible for tax reduction. Below the official information:
- Stichting International Christian Fellowship Wageningen ICF Wageningen
- Financial reports: 2014, 2015, 2016
- Activities report
Becoming part ICF is very easy: just visit one of our activities! If you are interested in becoming a member (even if your only in Wageningen for a short time) you can let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Knowing who you are greatly helps us to serve you! You will then be contacted by one of the elders to welcome you answer any questions you may have.